Monday, December 8, 2014

Handy Happy Hearts

Lena Kriuchkova, Artist/Crafter


PCC: Tell us a little about yourself.
Christmas Birds
LK: I'm 35 years old, live in Ukraine and crafts are my full-time job. I can't say when I started, I just kept trying this and that as long as I remember myself. When I was 7 years old I loved making stuffed toys. When I was 11, I learned knitting. When I was 25, I fell in love with ceramics.
When I was 32, I opened my first shop at Etsy. I have a very active toddler son which is lots of fun, troubles and inspiration for me. 
Christmas Animals
Christmas Penguins

PCC: What do you create? 
LK: I make all kinds of hearts for my shop HandyHappyHearts. Within the brand HandyHappy I divide it into several branches like stuffed toys and artist bears, hearts, paintings, small houses, vintage fabrics. As I love taking photos and I love books, I also tried to run 2 other shops but realized it's too much for me for now. Although I keep planning to make more paintings and finally start making artist dolls one day. 



PCC: What made you want to become an artist/fall in love with your craft?

LK: I love rustic style and shabby looks as well as beautiful wedding photo-shoots. It's what brought me to the style I have with the hearts. I plan to keep developing rustic and shabby lines. 
Christmas Houses


PCC: Tell us about your process. What materials do you use? 

LK: I use salt dough which is very sturdy material and durable and also this is the only one which gives all this whimsical wrinkly look. Recently I started to use MDF for making more light looking hearts. I love MDF for being wood at the same time for keeping woods safe as in fact it's made of wooden destash. 







Santa Ornaments

PCC: Tell us what you’re passionate about outside of your art

LK: I'm an Irish dancer and I love travelling and taking photos. That's all what I have times for after my son and shops :-)

PCC: How do we find you?
www.etsy.com/shop/HandyHappyHearts
www.etsy.com/shop/HandyHappyTeddy
www.etsy.com/shop/HandyHappyVintage
www.etsy.com/shop/HandyHappy
www.facebook.com/pages/HandyHappy/1005461522804692



More Christmas Hearts from Handy Happy Hearts that make us swoon:
(check back around Valentines to see more from her)

Kids Ornaments
Girl with Deer
Christmas Animals
Penguins
Teddy Bear
Cottage
Vintage Christmas
Starry Night
Winter Night























No comments: