Tuesday, December 2, 2014

LK Custom Creations

Lizz Klaras - Artist


PCC: 
Tell us a little about yourself.

LK: I am a mother of one wild 3 year old girl and a proud Navy wife. After my husband enlisted in 2012, my family was relocated from Illinois to Virginia and we are loving the East Coast! I decided to pursue my design business full time as of September of 2013 and so happy to be pursuing the career I always dreamt to have. 

PCC: What do you create?
LK: My creations are custom so I create whatever my client is inspired by and sometimes whatever inspires me! I studied design in college and was exposed to so many different mediums. I've done murals, portraits, illustrations, graphic work, sculpture, and much more! I love nature and if it is up to me I am usually found creating something that has a tree in it. I love trees! However, my favorite thing to do is paint and I have recently discovered my love for painting on glass. I love the results of adding color to glass and it is just so much fun creating "usable art". 

PCC: What made you want to become an artist/fall in love with your craft?
LK: I have known for as long as I can remember that I would be an artist. I often jump into any situation where I can apply my skills. It is the best feeling in the world to get excited about a design, have it come to life and then have other people appreciate and love it just as much as I do.

PCC:  Tell us about your process. What materials do you use?
LK: My process is constantly evolving, but here is how it usually goes. I will come up an idea for a product. I then think about colors and often turn to sources like Pinterest for color inspiration. Sometimes I will search the web to get my mind flowing and piece different elements together that I love. Next, it's go time. I start painting and a lot of times it is trial and error. It is pretty rare that a design just falls together on the first try. I was always told to do thumbnail sketches or have a plan in writing before jumping in head first, yeah...I don't do any of that. Every new product I make is another stepping stone in the learning process.

PCC: Tell us what you’re passionate about outside of your art.
LK: Outside of creating custom artwork, I love nature and the design doesn't stop in the studio. Landscape design is so much fun for me and I love plants. Orchids and succulents are my favorite and I cannot get enough! 

PCC: Anything else we should know?
LK: Loving the outdoors, my family and I always take advantage of the nice weather and go to the beach as much as we possibly can. Being a wife of a service member is a constant reminder that being together is a huge privilege. I love being with my husband and daughter outdoors and exploring everything life has to offer.

www.Facebook.com/LKCustomCreations
www.Etsy.com/shop/LKCustomCreations
www.pinterest.com/LKcustomcreate/
www.instagram.com/lkcustomcreations


More Designs we Love by LK Custom Creations





 
  






  

No comments: