Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Krislyn Dillard


PCC: Tell us a little about yourself.
Sparrow in Flight #2
KD: My name is Krislyn Dillard. I'm an artist and yoga teacher living in Springfield Oregon. I share my home with my husband who I have been with for fifteen years, my two bratty kitties, three bunnies and nine chickens.

PCC: What do you create?
KD: I'm a painter and I also draw. Right now I'm working in watercolor, oil, acrylic and ink pen.


PCC: What is your process. What materials do you use?
Octopus
KD: My process is a little different for each media and my style a bit different for each as well. When drawing, lately I have been enjoying natural paper, color ink pens and white gel pen. Ideas for what I draw are many and often inspired from daily life encounters and stories.
When painting in watercolor my process is similar to drawing but deeper thought out and often requiring multiple attempts before I am successful.
Finally, with oil and acrylic on canvas paintings my process is quite a bit different. Where with watercolor and drawing I am having a more fun light-hearted approach, on canvas I tend to bring in more substance. So, a lot of research goes into each painting. Also, I will create many sketches as drawings and gouache paintings so that when I finally do put brush to canvas I'm pretty certain what I want to happen.



PCC: What is your inspiration for your work? 
Field Burn
KD: Many things inspire me. Some of them are: little moments in life that crystallize in my mind, light as it dances through a water glass, mythological stories and heroes, watching as my garden comes alive in the Spring, a half heard word from passing strangers having a conversation, lyrics in a song, cephalopods and so much more. 

   I'll be starting a new painting series soon based on the painting in my shop called "Field Burn". These paintings will use images of burning farm fields to invoke the ideas of beauty, destruction and life. Follow me on my blog or shop to learn more!

PCC: What are you passionate about outside of your art?


KD: I'm very passionate about yoga. I love teaching it and believe it can cure the world of sadness and despair. I'm also driven by the environment, human rights and animal rights. 











PCC How do we find you? 
www.etsy.com/shop/krislyndillard
www.facebook.com/pages/Krislyn-Dillard-Art/130987122344
krislyndillard.wordpress.com/
www.pinterest.com/krislynartist/
twitter.com/krislynrunt

 More art from Krislyn Dillard that we love:

Tree Minimalist Series Yellow
Raven Flying
Over Flow
Fragile


Lucid Dreams 
Sun
Tipping Point 
Original Tipping Point Scale







No comments: