Monday, December 1, 2014

Meant 4 a Moment Designs

Artist - Tara Hannon

The work of Tara Hannon of Meant 4 a Moment took me into the memorable world of the Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation movies and the sweet children's story The Velveteen Rabbit.  Check out her work for custom creations, Christmas cards and designs, digital downloads, and childrens book illustrations.

PCC: Tell us a little about yourself.
TH: I am a 30 year old freelance illustrator working from Crownsville, Maryland. I am married to a handy general contractor and we just had our first baby in June(!) I have wanted to be an illustrator my whole life - except a brief moment in 5th grade when I wanted to be a monkey trainer. 

PCC: What do you create?

TH: I am a children's book illustrator. Along with children's books, I illustrate custom portraits, event prints and super cute wall art. 


PCC: What made you want to become an artistt?
TH: In two words - Dr. Seuss. 

PCC: Tell us about your process. What materials do you use?

TH: All of my work starts out the old fashioned way- hand drawn with a pencil and paper. Once it is inked, I 'paint' it digitally in photoshop. 

PCC: What are you passionate about outside of your art?
TH: Currently, its my 5 month old daughter, Lucy, I am most passionate about. She is the biggest jog I have ever known. Second to her, I go crazy over Picture Books and books stores of any kind and I love jogging. 






PCC: How do we find you?  Links to shops, blogs, social media, etc.

TH: Here is how to link up with me:
WEBSITES: www.tarajhannon.com
                      www.meantforamoment.com


TWITTER: @meant4amoment
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/meant4amoment
                     

More artwork from Tara Hannon that we love:





  




No comments: