Monday, January 5, 2015

Guna Andersone

Guna Andersone, Photographer/Jewelry Designer

PCC: Tell us a little about yourself
Dancing Queens
GA: My name is Guna Andersone and I am originally from Latvia, but love brought me to the Netherlands. In Latvia I studied physics in the University of Latvia and after my studies worked as a junior researcher in the biomechanics, but after five years I decided to follow the studies in business. I started my studies in Latvia, but continued in Norway, in Norwegian School of Management. After my studies I returned to Latvia and found a work in Unilver. So the Dutch company, the Dutch boyfriend and I packed my luggage again. At the moment I work as a market analyst in an American company, but still I dream about my own art studio in combination with alternative recycled product gallery. 
PCC: What do you create? What made you want to become an artist?
Good Morning
GA: As we all seek to find happiness and a sense of purpose in life, one day, I decided I wanted to achieve more for myself. I realized that my job was paying the bills, but yet was unfulfilling, and left my soul feeling empty. I decided to change that. I started making jewelry and decided to sell it on the website Etsy. I formed my own shop, called GunaDesign, and realized I needed to take lots of photos of my creations. And that is when I happened to fall in love with Photography and it was the birth of my Fine Art Photography. I don't particularly have one style, the object of my images, the environment, and even my mood determines the final result.







PCC: Tell us about your process. What materials do you use?

Amber Crochet Bracelet
GA: For my jewelry I use a lot of recycled materials, I try to give the second life for old denim, leather. I am a usual guest in the local thrift shops, flee markets, my friends and colleagues are my suppliers. I try to share my knowledge and experience by writing DIY tutorials. These are also available in my shop. When you are buying from me, you are buying not just an object. You are buying many hours of my time invested in this object. You are buying my failures and successes, days and weeks of frustration and joy. You are not buying only another handmade object, you are buying a moment of my life and to keep my work affordable, I avoid expensive materials- gemstones, gold. I believe every woman should be able to have nice fashionable items.


PCC: Tell us what you’re passionate about outside of your art. 


Music was my first love
 GA: Cats, cats, good wine, French cheese, good movies and books, to search for urban decay places for alternative but not really salable photos. 
One of my passions is to take my foreign friends to my beloved Latvia and to show them the beauty of this still unknown country. 



PCC: How do we find you? www.facebook.com/gunadesignphotography
fineartamerica.com/profiles/guna-andersone.html
society6.com/artist/gunadesign
www.etsy.com/shop/gunadesign
Blogs
gunadesign-jewelry.blogspot.com
gunadesign-impressions.blogspot.com



Other Photography by Guna Andersone that we love:

Elephants

Raspberries
Antique Cash Register
Old Farmer
Vodka Still

Haunted Forest
Mine Angel

(C) All Images are the property of Guna Andersone and may not be used without her permission

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love it thank you

Tiffany Dawn Smith said...

Great

Sailors Ravine Studio said...

Sooooo beautiful Guna

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous article about such lovely art . . . much talent shows in Guna's work.

Anonymous said...

Your work has enamored me from the first time I saw it! Keep rocking it out Guna. You are inspiring a generation! Your whimsical style, lets us all know....you are having fun with creating. Can't wait to see what is next! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your work Guna, you know that! Keep rocking it out! You are so inspiring! Can't wait to see what you will create next.