Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Skin Artisan

Tasha - Soap Creator

           
Pumpkin Cheesecake
PCC: Tell us a little about yourself.
SA: My name is Tasha and I am the designer and creator behind Skin Artisan. I started my business in 2013 and opened my Etsy shop in January 2014. It has been a blast so far and I've been surprised and thankful for the encouragement I've received from the wonderful people who use Etsy to support handmade.

PCC: What do you create?
SA: I create handmade soap, lip balm, wax melts, and other bath, body, and home items. I find inspiration everywhere for new products to create and test; it keeps the creative aspect alive for me, and keeps my customers interested with an ever-changing selection (as well as our tried and true favorites).


Sugar Crunch
PCC: What made you want to become an artist/fall in love with your craft?
SA:
I started making soap in 2010, just as a fun project to try. It was incredibly fun and difficult, from the formulating to the color and creativity. While my interest with most other hobbies has faded o
ver time, this one certainly stuck - and has expanded into new areas that I wouldn't have dreamed of trying myself.

PCC: Tell us about your process. What materials do you use?SA: I make every batch of soap, lip balm, body spray - and everything else - myself, from scratch and from my own recipes. There is a great deal of research and testing that has gone into making sure my formulas provide great body care, hold up over time, and smell lovely. I use natural ingredients whenever I can, and am very selective about which supplies, essential oils, and fragrances go into my products.

PCC: What else are you passionate about?
Christmas Cookies
SA: I have two dogs and enjoy spending time with them outside. We enjoy walks, hiking in the hills, and sometimes even biking - they ride in their dog trailer that hitches onto the back of my bicycle. They love it!

PCC: Anything else we should know?
SA:  I'll be introducing some limited edition holiday Nail Polishes on Black Friday! If you are a nail polish fan, be sure to check it out - there will be some holographic and glitter polishes that I think you'll love. I'll also be adding some Christmas gift sets - soap, wax melts, and lip balm make perfect gifts for the holidays!

PCC: How do we find you?
Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/SkinArtisan
Facebook: www.facebook.com/SkinArtisan
Twitter: twitter.com/SkinArtisanLLC

More Delicious Products From the Skin Artisan:

Sea Salt Spa Bar








Orange Clove
Sweet Orange & Tea Tree
Pumpkin Cheesecake

Vanilla Cupcake
Chocolate Cupcake

Star Candy
Oatmeal, Milk & Honey
Peppermint Lip Balm
Vanilla Marshmallow Lip Balm
Jasmine Vanilla Perfume

Candy Cane

Peppermint Stick

No comments: