Friday, January 30, 2015

The Pinqueen

Olga, Designer at The Pinqueen

Cozy Oversized Neckwarmer

PCC: Tell us about yourself.
TPQ: My name is Olga. I am 31 years old and i come from Athens, Greece. I have a day job, as a preschool teacher for kids with special needs. At the same time, I run my brand 
"The Pinqueen".


PCC: What do you Create?
TPQ: The Pinqueen is the brand name for the ready to wear accessories / clothing line I create. My ideas pinned on fabrics! Whether you like purses or scarfs, geometric lines or curves, simple stripes or explosions of color... You can find it all here. 

PCC: What made you want to become a designer?
TPQ: I always watched as a game people's styling, from lines to textiles. I believe that what we wear (clothing or accessories) brings along a small piece from ourselves. 
At some point, i just realized how much I wanted to create something special with my own hands, to begin with an idea and realize it through every step I take. 

Floral Headscarf
PCC: What is your process?
TPQ: Texture is where my inspiration begins. So fabrics play the main role during the creation process. At the same time, the whole project shapes in my mind. I prefer to create ready to wear lines through specific concepts. I believe that a small product line gives people a clear image of my creations and at the same time gives me room for free thinking and organizing the whole process.

PCC: What Advice would you give to someone who wanted to make a living as an artist? 
TPQ: I believe that selling online is a very tricky area and I am learning many interesting things I didn't imagine existed, from photographing a product to promoting it. If I could give any advice, it would be to always listen to more than one opinion, because another person's view may give you another perspective of your work.

PCC: Where do you show your work?
Black Plaid and White Infinity Scarf

TPQ: I really enjoy showing my work in markets that take place from time to time in art showrooms in Athens. When somebody touches and finally wears a piece from my collections, it feels like I give a piece of imagination in somebody else's hands! 

PCC: What are you passionate about outside your designs?
TPQ: My day job is the other half of myself, and i love working with children! 
Three words come to my mind when someone asks me what makes me happy. Music, good taste and moments! Music is all around me and I think it defines every moment of my life. Good taste is what I am looking for everywhere from a small Greek tavern with simple clear tastes to a fine, delicate perfume/parfum. Of course, moments with your beloved ones or just people who at some point of your life gave you something simple and beautiful! 

PCC: Anything else we should know?
TPQ: If you want to learn more for The Pinqueen, feel free to send me an email here: thepinqueen@gmail.com or stay tuned to my previous social media for more The Pinqueen news and creations. 

Find ThePinqueen online:
www.facebook.com/thepinqueen
www.etsy.com/shop/thepinqueenshop
thepinqueen.tumblr.com/

www.pinterest.com/pinqueenfinds/
instagram.com/thepinqueen

Other cool designs from The Pinqueen

The Butterscotch Colored Purse
Black and Butterscotch Infinity Scarf
Leather Envelope Bag in Pink
Light Green Backpack
Triangle Neckwarner
Leather Envelope Bags


2 comments:

KnitPeddler said...

Great to hear your story Olga. :)

Sailors Ravine Studio said...

Such beautiful purses!