Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Prince Design UK


Elizabeth Prince, Sculptor



PCC: Tell us about yourself and what you create.
EP: My name is Elizabeth Prince, and I am an ex-interior designer who now makes contemporary ceramics. I feel very fortunate to have found a way to make a living from doing something that I love, and I am very thankful for that. 

PCC: How did you become an artist?
EP: I have always made things - art, objects, clothing, homewares - anything really. But then I found ceramics. I just loved the feel of clay, and it seemed the perfect material to create all the things I had in my mind that I wanted to make. 


PCC: What is your process?  What materials do you use?
EP: I use creamy stoneware ceramic clay with some texture, or I use pure white porcelain clay, which I adore! Sometimes I finish them with glaze, and sometimes a paint finish. My processes vary quite a bit, but generally I fire everything to an extremely hot temperature after it is made and dried out. I like to explore textures, and to mix them up with pared down simple shapes.

PCC: What are you passionate about outside of art?
EP: Outside of ceramics, I love growing veggies, music and going out to see live music, going out to eat, making smoothies for breakfast, and of course spending time with my wonderful friends and family :)


PCC:How do we find you?
EP: 
twitter: @princedesignuk
facebook: www.facebook.com/princedesignuk
etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/PrinceDesignUK
pinterest: www.pinterest.com/elizabethprince/
website: www.elizabethprince.co.uk/
blog: gonepotty.blogspot.co.uk/





Other designs we love from Elizabeth Prince:































2 comments:

Elizabeth Prince Ceramics said...

Oh thank you for the feature Tiffany!
Delighted to be here. Just to let you know - a few of the ornaments you have featured are a new range made from perspex - my new experiment. I hope you like those ones too :)

Unknown said...

great sculptures, they should look nice in the x-mas tree. At least not traditional blink, blink

thank you Tiffany for creating this, I am amazed about your energy ...