Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Busy Bonnie Bee


Bonnie Becker, Artist



PCC: Tell us a little about yourself.
.

BBB: I am a bird watcher, an introvert, and a peacemaker. I like to think that I am well-organized and keep things so tidy, but actually I daydream a lot, so mostly it is in my daydreams that I am so well-organized. I stopped getting tonsillitis after I became a mother. Other than that I'm pretty much a straightforward and optimistic person.



PCC: What do you create?
BBB: I create fun and playful things. Mostly that translates to children's items, but if you any adult is looking for a vegetable brooch to pin to a power suit, look no further than busybonniebee.





PCC: What made you want to become an artist/fall in love with your craft? 
BBB: I fell in love with art when I took a pottery class and realized the creation of something with my own hands. I struggled with practicality versus creating art for its own sake, and fashion design married well the practical side of utility with artistic creativity.








PCC: Tell us about your process. What materials do you use?
BBB: I get inspired by the seasons, by colors, and prints that I see. Also by those daydreams I was mentioning. I envision something, and hopefully I'll get to work on it to make it like I see it.



PCC:  What are you passionate about outside of your art?
BBB: I love birdwatching and my family. I stay active in church and with my church's awesome craft group.

PCC:  How do we find you?
BBB: 
www.facebook.com/BusyBonnieBee
https://www.etsy.com/shop/busybonniebee
brika.com/makers/busy-bonnie-bee/

More of Busy Bonnie Bees Items that we love.




    


     


     

     

     

And finally, we thought this was really cool.  This owl was designed after a drawing by Bonnies daughter.

No comments: