Sunday, March 15, 2015

La Solis

Lastenia, Jewelry Designer



Umbrella Earrings
PCC: Tell us a little about yourself.

LS: I am Lastenia , a crafty mother and furniture consultant, a dreamy girl who is passionate about the small details of daily life, I love to create things and devote spaces with an original twist.
My son has been coming with me on this adventure of life every day for 14 years and gives the magic touch to my existence ...
We live in a beautiful place located in a small town in the west of Austria, with two very naughty cats.

PCC: What do you create?

LS: My creations are outstanding, irregular, and singular, and have a unique charm, I make jewelry pieces for people who like to be different.
Each Piece has its own personality and they are all made with lots of energy, love and passion.
I make silver wire jewelry, mostly wrapped.
To do these pieces, I use materials that I find when I go out for a walk in the woods or the mountains, or bring something home from a trip, mostly beach-stones or shells and other magical things I am attracted to. I also use gemstones and polymer clay.

PCC: What made you want to become an artist/fall in love with your craft?
Spiral Drop Earrings

LS: I was lucky to grow up in a family of people who love life and nature, with much love and dedication to craft and work.
At an early age I discovered that my hands can feel and express emotions through the materials that are available to me in nature. The colors, the flowers, the sun, the moon - everything is like music to my eyes and inspiration for my hands.
The peace I feel when I'm doing a project is what gives me the certainty to continue doing so.


PCC: Tell us about your process. What materials do you use?


Designing
LS: To do my creations I usually use materials that I find in nature. I really like strange fusions, so I try to combine materials in pure or rustic style with details like river painted natural stones, gorgeous beach stones and shells, gems or polymer clay. I combine them myself with wire.
My favorite material is silver or copper wire. I most like the ease with which it can be molded and woven to give each piece a finish with an intense delicacy.

I am a spiritual person and believe in things like energy and love, so I look that fire, earth, water and air are always present in my creations, to form an original and unique magic.


PCC: Where do you sell your jewelry?
Spiral Drop Earrings
LS: I present my creations at weekly markets and am also dedicated to making custom creations for private customers and friends.
It was my family and friends who encouraged me to take a look at etsy, where I found an even more interesting way to open up to a lot more people.
My growth process is a little bit slow right now, but I have faith that everything will be okay. I started a couple of months with no idea how my small business would be, but etsy is giving me very good results, a lot more than I imagined ...

PCC: What are you passionate about outside of your art?


Silver and Amethyst Necklace
LS: I love simple things in life, I like to have breakfast with my son and talk about deep subjects for hours. I love gardening, mountains, sunsets, board games, good songs, our fireplace, cats, bikes, hiking, and being surrounded by people that warm my heart and put a smile on my face.
I would also like to travel around the world and see what else is out there: magic places, lovely people and many cultures.

PCC: Anything else we should know?

LS: Life is a wonderful gift, which is even better if you use your time on something creative and cultivate your skills in whatever you enjoy doing.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by my site !!


PCC: Links to shops, blogs, social media, etc.

www.etsy.com/shop/LaSolis

www.pinterest.com/lasteniasolis/

www.facebook.com/handmadebylasolis


More Jewelry from La Solis that we love.


Spiral Turquoise Earrings
Silver and Coral Necklace
Spiral Necklace
Triangle Jade Earrings
Silver and Carnelian Necklace
Native Earrings
Beach Stone Jewelry

All designs are the property of La Solis and may not be copied.
















2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her passion! She is so enthusiastic about her jewelry designs and the things that influence them: everyday life, nature (and, of course, her son) play vital roles in what she does and that is always refreshing to hear!

Studio Kaufmann said...

Here jewelry is magnificent! I love the circular pattern to it.